A Better Version of Myself.

Glimpses of a life that will not provoke jealously or resentment, rather, a simplistic understanding of an understated life.

Friday, September 12, 2003

Great to hear your voice...
Ahh... First blog. I have thought this a genius way to hear and be heard. I always enjoy the updates of my dearest friend Sam... Heeeey Baby! I got to hear his sweet voice for the first time since the move to New York and I was refreshed...and understanding the importance of expression in any form allows me to have confidence in putting things out here for all to read....? I am finishing up a much needed week of vacation... the topper was last night. We had a " day of caring" where coporate types come paint and clean up the site... and then at 3:30 we all get to stop caring and get back to our lives... they leave knowing that they have made a great impact and we leave wondering if we are crazy because we do this year round.... and what do non-profits do to wash down a day of hard work?.... a few drinks at Benchwarmers of course... my first trip to the local bar... and it was alright.. but there were kids there- weird.. I know that I am... you know- hitting mid-20s but I know a 13 year old in a fake mustache when I see one. Point of the story... I started drinking at 3:30 in the afternoon.. and thought it would be fun to make a night of it... next thing I know it is 10:15 and I am throwing up out of a friends car while my roommate stops to get smokes... 20 minutes later I am home, stripped down and passed out. I wake up at 6 this morning feeling like life makes sense again... and then realize that I am crazy... nothing makes sense at six in the morning.... nothing. So I sleep until 11:00... I am still in my pajamas... though I have done a bit of work while at the office... and now I will go- because I have to get myself a bit sorted because we are having people over tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home