A Better Version of Myself.

Glimpses of a life that will not provoke jealously or resentment, rather, a simplistic understanding of an understated life.

Monday, September 15, 2003

Ahh Monday, back at the office. things have gone well today as my mind is clear and my heart is in the right place. It just has to be for me to be productive.

Let's talk about friends, shall we? My sweetest friend Mike, who has been away for much too long... how much do I love him??? so much. it is when you meet people like Mike that you realize, in a city faces and names, there are people. I met Mike when I lived in sanFrancisco, and have been lucky enough to call him a friend ever since. any one who knows me knows my love for Mike... and also that he is the first person that I call after a few drinks. why you ask... was it because the first impression that I had of Mike was the button in his cubicle that said, " I wish you were a beer." Or was it his impeccable taste in music... a little of both maybe.. but the real thing is that Mike is one of the most giving men I have ever encountered... and I miss him so much. Our friendship flourishes because I met Mike in a serious transitions state of my life... when little was to be expected of me.... and in meeting great friends like this... few expectations follow. If I had met Mike while I was a full time student would he be disappointed when I wasn't in school.... if we had met when I sold shoes, would he be disappointed when there were no more feet to be fit? Nope... because what Mike knows and I believe loves about me is the fact that sometimes when we talk regardless of where I am or what I am doing... or if in my eyes I am successful or not- he knows, and I know- that we are true kindred spirits brought together in a city of a million faces. I think I will go to San Francisco and see him. Mike and I like to dance... and we don't care who is watching... and then we do other things and I pass out on the curb in Chicago.... but it still makes me laugh.... really laugh. right PAM?

I am very lucky to have such great people in my life... seriously great people. Perhaps it is because of the tumultuous beginnings to my life that allowed to be granted... or rather to pursue such great people.


Now I am going to talk about Cody.... who misses big bear and hates everything. "Do you seriously think that I hate everything?"... "yes" I reply. "Why?" "Well, maybe you don't HATE everything... except for fall and winter and your car and most days yourself... but maybe you are just one of the many with a glass that is half empty." (I seem to use metaphors when truth is too bold... isn't that why they were developed?) "my glass isn't half empty... it's mothafuckin' 3/4 empty" Well... that sure makes ones outlook a bit better doesn't it. The truth is... I don't think that Cody is a negative person...I just think that he is bored with his life right now... seriously bored- I don't think that boy has been challanged in years. He is one of the smartest and funniest people I know, and he cares alot about people... he just doesn't care much for himself these days. and if you were ever to meet Cody you would think... why not? He is a rather charming man. (and I am not being sarcastic this time) I love you Cody... and I will love you until my heart explodes or until you really love yourself (actually both)... inside and muthafuckin out. baby I'm fo real!

And Luke... you have returned... not even a day and you are already bored. When you will go I will miss you but I think that if you are going to have any fond memories of the States you need to get your ass out of Des Moines. your spark is fading sweet little pea and that should never happen.. I love ya!!

fin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home