A Better Version of Myself.

Glimpses of a life that will not provoke jealously or resentment, rather, a simplistic understanding of an understated life.

Monday, August 22, 2005

It's Oh so Quiet... It's oh so still...

(Bjork song)

So I am listening to the Oranges band right now and though it was compared to the "East Coast version of The Shins" in the latest SPIN magazine... I disagree. It's a nice flow of music but not the shins.

Martyrs of Maudlin is the best band that you may not know about yet. they did an inhouse live plugged performance last night with Channel Q in Ames and rocked the show. If you want to listen to their perfomance, click here. Scroll down and choose your song. It was fantastic to hear them on the radio. first time, certainly not the last.



Work is a bit erie right now. so quiet that I can hear myself think. My productivity is through the roof and it is really nice. I feel great about things right now.

Steve and Jo from last year at camp and two years ago americorp team rolled through and are staying for a few days. It is great to see them. We are going to head to the High Life tonight for a bit of bowling. Don't mind if I do.

Also- I am going to Eastern Europe next Spring. I will be recruiting staff in Russia, Poland, and Slovakia with a possible day trip to Prague. Needless to say I am super stoked. Check out my itinerary below:
25 February Depart US for Moscow
26 February Arrive Moscow- free-day- Welcome dinner (overnight Moscow)
27 February Moscow free-day (overnight Moscow)
28 February Moscow Fair 10am-2pm- Group dinner (overnight Moscow)
01 March Early flight to Vienna then coach to Bratislava- free-day Groupdinner (overnight Bratislava)
02 March Bratislava free-day (day trips to Vienna, Budapest & Prague possible) (overnight Bratislava)
03 March Bratislava Fair 1-7pm (overnight Bratislava)
04 March Morning flight to Warsaw- free-day (overnight Warsaw)
05 March Warsaw Fair 10am-2pm- Farewell dinner (overnight Warsaw)
06 March Depart Warsaw for US



I had a really strange dream last night. still processing.

Hope life is well for all of you. call or write soon. I have time to breathe now and the air is fucking great!

c

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

reading your blog made me want to cry, thanks. not the one about going to eastern europe obviously, the one abour how fuckin great camp was, it always is.

i'm doing great, doin' what i do, and some other shit.

I miss ya, and everyone one else,
peace

1:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no idea where these comments are coming from. They appeared and apparently it happens to everyone... I think the the choice of advert is rather entertaining... generic vicodin, a diet, and cable tv... story of my life.

claire

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alcohol may increase drowsiness and dizziness caused by discount pharmacy vicodin Do not crush or chew or break the extended-release form of discount pharmacy vicodin

3:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home