A Better Version of Myself.

Glimpses of a life that will not provoke jealously or resentment, rather, a simplistic understanding of an understated life.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

It's been far too long.

I was ever so inspired by my good friend cody to update this little peach. It has been so long since I have posted- and there are a few distinct reasons for this.

1. Myspace and Facebook and every other social network. I am so connected that there are literally 10 different ways you can communicate with me.
2. I kind of forgot about my blog.
3. I didn't have much to say that hadn't already been said.
4. The thought of revealing myself through actual written word and not filtering it through vague, immature profile quizes and pictures, no longer appealed to me in the same sense.


So its sort of like i graduated from this sense of self, took a few steps back to re-create or even just create myself, and then pulled it all together and here I am. I am not whole, I do not feel complete. I hope that some day I will. someday very soon. But I feel the peices of me are fitting together better than ever before and that makes me hopeful, proud even.

I have so much to say- comparable to when you have been away from a best friend for a year or more and you want to tell them so much but there is too much and you end up talking about what is on the menu or the weather or bullshit like that. i had a bagel for breakfast, my boss brought them in, I thought that was very nice.

I am going to participate in the World Food Prize tomorrow- I will be meeting 6 more of my students. I am excited for this, I am curious about them and they are curious about me. It is funny how time passes so quickly. Sometimes I like that, but other times it makes me feel like i don't do enough important things, like I have wasted something. Even though sleep should never be considered a waste, it is valuable, but I still feel like i should be doing something bigger in my free time.

I need a break, a breather from this social scene. I am very tired of it. I thought it would be so great to know people everywhere I went, to be recognized, appreciated. Sometimes it is great, but most of this time it is not. When I meet people, I introduce myself and sort of allow them to have a peice of me, I allow them to know me enough to feel comfortable in approaching me if we should meet again. I like that, I think it is generous. What I have found, is that when I start to give away so many little bits of myself, there is little left for me. What has happened is that when I go places, I see too many people, and they want to catch up or share stories and it makes me want to run. It sort of reminds me of highschool- where I knew everyone, but there were very few people I actually let know me. ugh- enough.

alright- so two of my co-workers are wearing the same exact, down to the shoes, oufit that they wore yesterday. It's not an awful thing, just a bit strange. hmmmm.

peace.
c

1 Comments:

Blogger me said...

eeeeeeeewah - tell your coworkers to showr and change! ;) glad you are writing again, i wondered if you would after you commented on mine.... and i totaly feel you on the social scene thing. gross. love you muches!

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home