A Better Version of Myself.

Glimpses of a life that will not provoke jealously or resentment, rather, a simplistic understanding of an understated life.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Brighter than sunshine.

My best is with Sam tonight, who barely survived last night. My hopes are that he can take it somewhat easy without the Chilli he ate for lunch haunting the birthday Celebration. And a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Jason... even though you are 30. I hope the boys have a great night. I look forward to April when we are acquainted and the city regrets that I have arrived.


So I took my mom to a drag show tonight. My friend Tony called and they were having a benefit for the local woman's football league. (total lesbian population.. that is not a judgement, that is the pure, lesbian truth) Tony, Cy, and Lyle are performing as a special treat for the benefit and they would like for me to come and support. I look at the clock and it is 30 minutes before I am supposed to be there, so I decide to ask my mother along, she has never been to a show, and hasn't been out in a while. We get there and have a table front and center. The guys were fantastic, and the other "acts" were what appeared to be "inside jokes"... some of it I really didn't get... but then Tony did his solo number.. Madonna's 'Sorry' from her new album and I freaked... both hands in the air, screaming like a little queen... AND I WAS THE ONLY ONE. I look over my shoulder to the smug ladies and say, "lighten up, its a drag queen doing Madonna... wooooooooo!" The crowd was more impressed with male impersonators... drag "kings"... to which I reply- no thank you. Love drag queens. My mom was so impressed with Tony and his dancing... she was smiling the entire time and looked at me with wide eyes and said,"he's FANTASTIC!" That's right mom, he is fantastic. On the way home, my mom shared stories of her younger days in the gay bar, hanging out with her boys. She said,"maybe you got that from me, being friends with gay guys...." it was the first I had heard of her homo-friendships and I replied, "I don't know about that, but I did learn acceptance from you, and that has made me alot of friends" It was totally afterschool special as we drove along the freeway until I said, "Do you remember when you said that it might be better that we (me, my brother and sister) were bi-sexual, so we could get more dates?" "Yes, I still believe that is true." she replied. "I was twelve. That's hilarious."




I had a great time. It was nice to see my mom enjoying herself and getting to know two people who are very important in my life... overall great day.


Sam Griffin wins the award for the best drunk dial. ever. I will save the details... and a bit of his dignity.


Have a great night.claire

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god claire donna and i were supposed to go to that party---but i am with you boo to the kings--sista please--and they wonder why everyone thinks we are weirdos
hope you are feeling good love ya
DandE

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home