A Better Version of Myself.

Glimpses of a life that will not provoke jealously or resentment, rather, a simplistic understanding of an understated life.

Thursday, April 22, 2004

Personal Grooming do's and don'ts....

I have learned a few things today, from myself, and others, and it is only 10:47 am.

This morning I doted over my hair for nearly an hour- this is absurd. I know that the new thing is soft curls and I had to give a presentation at 8:30 in front of the entire agency... so I though that I would really catch their attention with my new soft wispy curls.... right- first of all... when you have a mane of hair comparable to mine, let it be known that there will never be such a thing a wispy.... I crimped my hair in jr. high, it was straight out of "what's Love got to do with it", I cried, and washed my hair... now that I am in control of what happens to my hair- (i.e. my mom no longer aspires to be a "beautician" and gives me bowl cuts, mullets, and rat tails, bless her) I like to think that I am in the new... why bother- seriously. After spending an hour trying to get soft curls that didn't look too perfect I bailed ship and put in the side part and pulled the hair up. I have learned never to try new things on a limited time schedule... crimping and curling... and god bless the side part half pony tail... with the right hair pins... it just looks too good sometimes. (it had a little extra wave this morning)

Secondly.. and this could easily work into a RANT.... I am at the all staff meeting where the CEO of the company is talking about agency outcome measures and goals and all that... I am listening, agreeing, and really enjoying my morning diet coke. And then I hear it- click, click...click.. sort of an unmistakable metalic click..... no- is someone clipping their fingernails? I look around and see Dan, the accounting guy who is neurotic in every way and has the social skills of a stapler.. and he is clipping his fingernails- and sitting on the floor- the only person sitting on the floor- I am horrified at his rudeness, embarrassed for him.... but surprisingly i admire him for his lack of attention to social norms. but- overall- DO NOT clip your fingernails in a meeting- it should be left for home.

Women- pluck(wax, trim, thread- whatever your preference) your eyebrows- please- for the sake of your face, groom your eyesbrow- I can barely see you.... the occasional slip is granted but if you are 25 years old and do not know how to groom your face- ... ( I am thinking of someone in particular here) she buys makeup all the time and talks about her manicures and pedicures and these new makeup brushes.. and all i can think of is, "That's a great new color, what do you call it? Hair?" I know this sounds mean spirited- but seriously... if you are that preoccupied with your looks (even if you don't have a clue ...for example- its 2004- we don't tuck in sweaters darlin') than trim the brow.


Hope all of you are able to benefit from my biased and one-sided tip column... thank you- read again next week. If anyone has questions or needs advice on grooming or other lifestyle questions, please write to me at: cblecroy@hotmail.com

Have a great week and Happy Grooming!!!

claire

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home