A Better Version of Myself.

Glimpses of a life that will not provoke jealously or resentment, rather, a simplistic understanding of an understated life.

Monday, February 23, 2004

chapter two of an endless weekend....(read chapter one below)

Waking up Saturday morning in Chicago after restless semi-sleep on a couch, the city was covered in a slight dusting of snow. My first thought was how I woke up so early without the reigns of an alarm and second thought was that I needed to move my car. It was parked at a meter accross the street in what I called a too good to be true spot... well... it was- I had a fifty dollar parking ticket. fuck. Signs were not posted ad it was not the start to my day that I had hoped.... looking to offer advice, Joe says, just don't pay it and then don't get pulled over in Illinois... okay.... hmmm, I tried not to get a parking ticket and look how far that got me. So I surrendered to the outrageously priced parking ramp just around the corner. I walked to Walgreens, bought a diet coke and then sat in Erins apartment and watched everyone sleep. I know this sounds creepy but it wasn't like that- I read some magazines and a little family guy and realized that I should start making noise so that I would not be alone just by being awake... basically the old theory that if I can't sleep then no one else can either. ha. So everyone wakes up thanks to me and we watch some hilarious television followed by a trip accross the street to Chipolte where burritos were had.... combine a burrito and a night of eight hour drinking- you do the math. So we went back to the aprtment and the sun came out so we drew the blinds and watched a few movies. Then we decide to stop being sloths and go to the zoo... the Lincoln park zoo that was apparently only six blocks away but sorry... someone was evidently trying to trick the chubby one because it should never take over an hour to walk six blocks- MILES MAYBE! ( I may be exaggerating but seriously it was at least two miles... or five.) At the zoo we saw some super cute animals and realized through my detailed observations that Snow Leopards are superstitious... they will not walk under ladders... and they were looking at my friend Rex like they would have him for a light snack given the opportunity. So we leave the zoo and the group splits up a bit and Erin, Rex and i go the scenic route past a bar called the Raven where it was decided that wewould have an afternoon drink... I went for a black and tan because its like a meal in a glass... off to Urban Outfitters to see Ra' who was working and I played a bit of X-box to the amusement of the on-lookers as I cannot play video games.

thats not all... to be continued... Kelli is a baby and won't leave me alone right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home