A Better Version of Myself.

Glimpses of a life that will not provoke jealously or resentment, rather, a simplistic understanding of an understated life.

Sunday, May 16, 2004

go ahead.. tell me what you think.

After many requests I have now ( I believe) added comments to my blog- that means you (the reader) may comment on the happenings of my life. I hope that this will satisfy many of you that need this- and I know now that perhaps I will kow who it is that actually reads this. I would like to let everyone know that the only reason (true reason) that I have comments on my blog(if it worked) is because they have made it so easy that I can't really get it wrong. (If comments do not appear at the end of this blog then we've been bamboozled)

How much fun was this weekend? Let me fill you in.

Friday I was tired following a week of 14+ hour days doing the budget thing.. for those who know me, know that me at my desk in front of a computer for that long is a pure undeaserving hell. I like my job because it is not a desk job- it has its required elements, but for the most part I have the opportunity to get away from my desk for hours at a time. In the summer- I am outside. It's nice. So last week wasn't so great for my inner explorer. Friday was Cody's last night in Des Moines and we had made plans to have dinner. I worked until 6:00 and we met at my house. We talked- good talks and headed to Merle Hay Mall (it is such a horrible, dirty place) I don't know if I felt a bit weird because I was there on a Friday night or the fact that it was packed and smelled like dirty people. stale. stank. ew. (I'm really not a snob, but at the end of the day- it just put a funk on things- and I had just had a shower so I was smelling GREAT)

We bought matching t-shirts that read: I Carry No Cash. I think it's funny, but after wearing the shirt it seems that people really want a thorough explanation of what it means. there is no political statement people- I just don't carry cash- so don't ask me for money. Famous Barr is going out of business (gasp)and so I went into the store for the second time in my life. It was like an indoor flea market- people were being scandalous trying to get their peice of the 40% discount. It was amusing for the first three seconds and then I wanted to scratch their faces.

Cody and I went to dinner, had a few drinks, back to my house and the out to meet Lyle, Tony, and Cy at the garden. It was some sort of 80's night and it was quite hilarious. Drag queens and aquanet? are you kidding me? a match made in heaven. Cody and I had a nice time just being near each other. We headed back to my house where he made last mintue preparations for his 4:00am departure. I sent him of at 4 with a hug. Then I went to sleep and had to get up at 8am.ugh. Here's the thing. the idea of cody not being near me makes me sad, but what far outweighs that is the opportunity that he has to make things happen for himself. so help me if he comes back early I will kick his ass. I know that just getting away for a bit wil far improve his chances of being satisfied with his life journeys. completely my opinion.

Saturday I went to the farmers market with my aunt, lunch with the fam, shopping with the brother and nephew and then home... a quick nap and I was ready to roll with Sam for the night. I am SO thankful that sam and I got to have our quality time. I was beginning to wonder if our busy life schedules would alow it.

Sam and I went to Cari's graduation party. I met Cari through Sam in December (though we have met before) and she is an incredible woman. She has just finished pharmacy school and I believe she has the integrity to make this world a better place. Sam's friends are the best. We danced, played flippy cup drinking games, brought in the stuffed Animal (from the Muppets)... great times. Sam and I decided to meet up with Tanner at the garden at 12:30 where more drinks were had and we danced and it really seemed like we were the only three in the bar. and I love that feeling. we decided to go to the "banana thong dance cage" where we danced and drank a bit more AND THEN THINGS GOT A BIT BLURY... I know that i talked to a bunch of random people, danced on a platform, followed sam into the men's room before realizing that we weren't outside, met T.J. for the first time.... something about McDonalds... and then we were home. I won't get into specifics, but let's just say that my mcdonalds did't have the opportunity to digest. I woke up this morning feeling like I was still drunk on my bed with no pillow, blanket, or sheets (I did laundry yesterday and hadn't made my bed) I vaguely remeber saying goodbye to Sam... yeah- wasn't feeling too hot. So I had Kelli drive me to get my car on the West side and I had to sit with my door open and take a few deep breaths because it was really hot out and I thought I might be sick. yeah, I was sitting in the parking lot of the "Machine Shed" where families were gathering for post-church lunch and I got out of Kelli's car saying, I think I'm still drunk- only to look up and meet eyes with a very nice family... so I wander to my car- make it home- I felt much better after eating a bit of lunch and not moving for about four hours.

So I am at work right now-obviously not working.. I'm taking a blog break. It is 10:40pm.... I have a few more hours to go so that I can feel as if i have a fresh start tomorrow. The summer leadership team arrives tomorrow- I can't wait to see them. what a great group of people.

CHEERS!

c

1 Comments:

Blogger csolovely said...

hoo ra hoo ra. I have comments. but I don't care for they way it is set up. sam? can ya help a sista out?

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home