A Better Version of Myself.

Glimpses of a life that will not provoke jealously or resentment, rather, a simplistic understanding of an understated life.

Monday, August 30, 2004

Prauge to Iowa, the long awaited return of an eggcellent friend.

Awww. My friend Jim is returning to Iowa for a month from teaching in Prague for a year. I will have to say that I am delighted to see him return. Jim and I have a great time together regardless of the activity, though we are pretty skilled at drinking, dancing and telling stories until the wee hours of the morn. No other way to say it- I am so excited to see him. yeah.


In other news, the MTV VMA's were last night. Talentless pop icons by the plenty and random camera obsession with what I hoped to be a drunken Bruce Willis with P.Diddy. I will have to say in my years of viewing such an event, this was a bit disappointing, not much fluency to the show. and Jessica simpson.... ugh. she used to be able to sing but now she is pulling this bullshit Britney Spears breathy thing... and she looks like a bobble head when she sings. Highlight of the show... Alicia Keys, Stevie Wonder and Lenny Kravitz playing together... that was nice. I would have paid to see that.... and when Marilyn Manson was asked if he arrived by yacht and he replied that he rode in on Mandy Moore... that was great.


Life is slowing down. I joined a gym and am fully enjoying it at this point. I am still in the really excited part of gym participation... we'll see.

My brother told my that one of the counselors talked with him for an hour about how their goal in life was to be just like me. That I was their role model. This girl is a great staff person... I don't know- the reality of my actions slapped me in the face a bit, followed by a flood of memories of feeling that way about my past camp director... it is a really strange thing to have someone say about you- and I guess in this line of work it doesn't come too often... ususally I hear "I could never do that", or " I would never want your job"... but for someone to not only want to continue in the field of human services, but to be like me. It was a really nice compliment.

Tomorrow is my nephew Michael's 10th Birthday. Happy Birthday Mike, I love you. (he doesn't read this, due to content, but just to let everyone know) He is an amazing, talented kid with wit to no end. I love him.

Alright. it is 3 oclock and I'm off.

Love to all.
c

1 Comments:

Blogger me said...

i still think of you, and always have, if i ever get into a difficult situation in this field....which for me of course is seldom ;] no seriously i ask myself, "what would claire do in this situation?" you were the one who taught me....especially in autism. why wouldn't i model after you. i love you.
love ~ codesdabodes

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home