A Better Version of Myself.

Glimpses of a life that will not provoke jealously or resentment, rather, a simplistic understanding of an understated life.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I'm recovering Bitches!

Hello wonderful friends!!! I am on the road to recovery, rocking 37 staples and becomning the next spokesperson for Direct TV.

Once again, It never ceases to amaze me the care and concern for the people that i care anout.. and that care about me. thank you all for your well- wishes and prayers. Your positive vibes took me through a complex surgery that went SO smoothly.

I have 37 staples from my sternum to my belly button. His name is Stan the Staple Snake.... we spend alot of time together, me and stan.

I am highly medicated on some sort of Oxycodone that makes me feel like recovery is overated, that i am fine... but doesn't make me see bunnies dancing on the walls.. so it is good. WHen it wears off... i thank modern medicine for its invention.


The day of my surgery went as planned.. I waited a long time to get in and then it all went so fast. I woke up in the post-op room mumbling," oh shit, fuck, oh shit. shit.." the nurses thought it was amuzing and my mom was a bit red in the face. I heard her say, she usually doesn't talk like this... no need to lie mom. At the time, it was really how i was feeling. I couldn't believe that it was over.... it was the strangest pain I have ever experienced, though not the worst. It felt like someone had pulled apart my ribs, rearranged everything, then slammed it all back in there... it was really uncomforatble. The days in the hospital passed slowly as I drifted in and out of reality... my mom and brother weren't there as much as I would have hoped, but I certainly didn't blame them. It was a shared room and I know it isn't much to sit next to someone while they sleep. The hospital staff were fantastic. Apparently I was the golden child because I did everything I was supposed to do and walked frequently.. as a matter of fact, any time that could be spent out of my room in the hallway, I preferred. I was lonely in my room, but also my roomate was nearly unbearable.. I say nearly because with the right amount of sedatives, I can tolerate just about anyone. she was a whiner and moaned constantly... then, just as she fell asleep, she would snore SO loud that there was NO hope for slumber. So I walked the halls and put together pictures of my new self... and that filled up my time nicely.

Just an update folks... thanks for everything, I will see most of you soon.

Alli- I will see you tomorrow.

All my loves and such,
c

4 Comments:

Blogger me said...

awe i love you and im so proud and happy for you.
heres to a safe and healthy recovery.
peace.
love ~ c.

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good job sexy beast...let us know what we can do for you i can run some of my nursing skills on ya,, i have finals on friday and then i am done for 3 weeks so let me know...also could i get your address that would be swell.....keep up the good work
love ya somethin aweful

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear youre doing swell! Ill be in the area this weekend so id love to come see ya...let me know.
Love ya,
Chills

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are doing well. Have been thinking of you xx

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home