A Better Version of Myself.

Glimpses of a life that will not provoke jealously or resentment, rather, a simplistic understanding of an understated life.

Friday, January 23, 2004

Wishes for the weekend.

So I really want to be in New York City this weekend because I miss Sam (and Tim)and need some excitement (another round of partner puke anyone?) and people in Iowa are selfish bastards. Not all people, just pretty much everyone that I have interacted with today.

So I went to Iowa City last weekend after I returned from the conference in Illinois to hang out with Allison- we had a grand time and it was well worth the drive (total car time on Saturday was about 10 hours) here is the funny story... so we have drinks and talk and I remember that Spencer, Sams supa ____ (insert complimentary adjective here) brother lives in Iowa City so wouldn't it be fun if we hang out? (yes, yes, yes it would be!) I realize this at 1:00 am and call Sam (on his birthday) to ask him for his brothers number... real smooth LeCroy. So...I leave an unknowing message and not 20 minutes later I receive a message on my phone that says, "yeah claire, sure you can have my brothers phone number ON MY BIRTHDAY. here you go.......)" Does anyone have a shovel, and quick? because sis has got a hole to get out of and now. So I call back and Sam answers and it goes a little something like this: " Hi Sam, I'm sorry, maybe you misunderstood what I was really saying, and that was Happy Birthday baby!" all is well now and we learn and now I want to see Sam... and now I feel like a dick because Sam talked to Spencer and asked him if we hung out and he said that I never called.... uh- just can't win some days.... but I would love to hang out with Spencer, it just occured to me that I do not know him that well and would it be alright for me to randomly call him at 1:00 in the morning to see if he wanted to meet up at a bar. who knows.


have a great weekend to all- I've got a flight to book.


loving you loving me.

c

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home