A Better Version of Myself.

Glimpses of a life that will not provoke jealously or resentment, rather, a simplistic understanding of an understated life.

Wednesday, January 07, 2004

And the wind stopped in Chicago....

You know those great times that you have- and I hope that every person is able to have- where you are with a group of people and there is no reason to believe that there is anyone else on the planet- or in the city- or at the bar??? The company that one keeps that fullfills every social, emotional, sensory need that there is.. that is great company- it doesn't mean that one does not take time to acknowledge that others are present- you just don't need them there to validate your experience. This is how it was in Chicago on December 26th-27th 2003.

I left Iowa about 3:45pm though my ETD was estimated at 2:00. (that's the way it goes with me sometimes)... So I leave by myself for a spontaneous trip to Chicago to see Mike- who is back with the fam for the Holidays from San Francisco... I haven't seen Mike in nearly three years and that is just WAY too long. And travis and Wade and Ra' and Jamie and Amy are in the city so alright.....

So I plan to stay with Travis, because there is room and Mike is staying with friends and third party is more invasive, to me, than actually knowing the owner of the bed you are sleeping in... or in the case of Erin's bed- it used to be mine- after it belonged to Amanda... so I am very familiar.

So I get to their apartment without any wrong turns... which for me is great because when I was with my brother- we got lost to the point of copmplete frustration and I always knew that I am better with directions when left to my own devices. alright... so I get there around 9:30... (I stopped in Newton to see Tim) and find a parking spot just around the corner (miracle) and then its time- its time to let the games begin. We have a few beers and then head to a bar called Cocktail where Mike is- and we walk in and there he is!!! (YEAH)

People drifted in and out throughout the evening but So many great times were had-

and I will get to the details of all of this in my next entry- but right now I have to go to a billing meeting ... I lost track of time here- imagine that....


I'll finish this later... ooh the suspense

c

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home