A Better Version of Myself.

Glimpses of a life that will not provoke jealously or resentment, rather, a simplistic understanding of an understated life.

Tuesday, December 23, 2003

A day in the lunch of Thai...

I consider myself to be an open- minded soul who can find the best of every situation... often compromising my own preferences so that others shall be better accomodated... well, well, well, I may just have to start changing my mind about that.

No work is getting done today, I have decided this long ago, perhaps even weeks ago, that I would infact, show up to work but accomplish nothing. WEll, I have failed because I returned phone calls for a few hours this morning... HOWEVER, after 11:00am I have checked out. So two other girls in my department and I decide that we'll make an exploratory road trip out of some "business" errands. We have to deliver pens that have all of our contact information to case managers in the area as a Thank You disguised as a marketing tool. Brilliant you say? underminded I say. So we have three local non-profit agencies to go to ... I am nervous in these situations because I don't really want to stand and talk about all the great things happening at your agency and I don't want to hear how you couldn't stand the last director at where I work... ya know? I am giving you a passive aggressive gift here- accept it, and then let me go.

So three down and we are on to lunch. One of the crew decides that in the spirit of exploration, we should go for Thai food. Great. I have heard of Thai food, I have friends that like Thai food, so it makes sense that I would like Thai food- and I am always up for something new. (Let it be known that if I go to a place to experience authentic food, I will usually jump right off of the deep end) and I did... my counterparts playing it safe with sweet and sour this and spicy (mild) noodles that... oh no... I order the Green Curry extra hot. We started with appetizers of crab rangoon (always safe) but then my big bowl of stink arrived... it smelled like garbage. And it tasted like garbage on fire. Not to over shadow Kelli's soup that looked and tasted like soapy ginger bath water... yeah, mine was far off- I couldn't even begin to finish it and now I have some sort of Dante's Inferno re-writing inself inside of me (I know that is a bit much for most of you) Nonetheless, I have trouble playing it safe when it comes to a number of things.... and I will continue to try out of my comforts.. but throw a girl a bone here- when you take someone to a restaurant... give them some sort of clue what may or may not taste like spicy rot. thank you.


My Sammay is in town and we are hanging out tonight. I am going to the fams house for dinner and competative games (nothing better than games at the Griffins) and then we are off to have some drinks which hopefully will not end in what I like to call the 2am dualing banjos. (partner puke) It was a "home for the Holidays" spectacle that could bring tears to your eyes....

I went to two movies this weekend which is a bit out of the norm for me... I saw Lord of the Rings with Ramon, (splendid time) and then ELF with my nephew, who stated that he, in fact has no room for believing in Santa because he saw the wrapping paper in his arents room.... ugh. He's nine going on 25 and I guess it is alright. He says he has a plan this year that will in fact, tell him what the deal is. (his words) My brother blames it on television... that every show on in the evening deals with Santa not being real... I'd like everyone to join me in singing Poison's hit"Something to believe in"... now that is a Christmas Carol

I am going to Chicago on Friday. I decided today. I have to see my friend Mike and I can , cause I have wheels now baby!

Lovin, Lovin, Lovin

Happy Holidays.

Dradle dradle dradle, I made you out of clay.

oompa!

c

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home