A Better Version of Myself.

Glimpses of a life that will not provoke jealously or resentment, rather, a simplistic understanding of an understated life.

Friday, September 03, 2004

"claire, your hypocrisy knows no bounds."

Thanks Chris. Here is the story of a lovely evening of friends comfortable in the company of each other. And a very talented and fantastic band by the name of 'The Beautiful girls'. but they are not girls, they are men, very handsome men I might add, but if they were girls, the would be beautiful.... beautiful boys, from Australia... ahh the accent of a talented musician.... must I be smitten so easily? Well, good to say that it was not just me that had an extra sparkle in the eye for the band. My dear friend chris is at the bar (pre-show) chatting up the lead singer whil B.K. and I sit at the end of the bar commenting on their conversation and laughing, hysterically, at Chris telling the guy that "he writes a little too." the best part of the evening would have to be when they dedicated the best song to "our friend Chris"... clapping rang out from all corners, except for the one obnoxious laugh that escaped my lips. Hilarious.. and B.K. the entire time is talking about he gets jealous when Chris becomes so smitten with the band, and that he is confident that McCue(lead singer) and Chris were in fact, talking about him the entire time. Hilarious. Might I add that neither Chris or B.K. are gay... they are just good friends.... this behaviour was just entirely too funny. So it was me, cody, Kelli, Matthew (brother), B.k., and Chris... great times... after the band was finished I approached them so as to get a little piece of the Sydney delight.... and I was talking about how through three degrees of seperation, I knew the drummer... and the drummer said, "yeah, my sister emailed me and told me that youwould be at this show... good to meet you." at which time I became a hipocrite... because I was telling them what I do and how it is that I know the drummer... So Chris gave me shit about it the rest of the night and B.K. came from no where (he is a man of very few words) to let me know that I am a sell-out because I moved from Iowa City to Des Moines and I have a real job. Sell-out. Honestly... it was hilarious... this is probably the first actual conversation I have had with BK and already we are arguing. Beautiful. So I have Cody drive me home just after one because out ofno where my eyes are crossed and I was walking in such a perfect Z formation that I thought it was time to retire.

I get home, settle in, and after what seems like ten minutes BK and chris arrive, BK stands in the doorway of my room and tells me that my friend Katherine doesn't like him because he couldn't remember her name at which time I reminded him that her name was Kelli..... and that I should never forget that I am a sell out.


what a grea night. meanwhile Chris is on the front step with a bloody nose.



great times. this morning I felt a bit too rough. got to work, went to lunch with my boss where she offered to buy me a beer at which time I think I threw up a little bit in my mouth.

fin.

c

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home