A Better Version of Myself.

Glimpses of a life that will not provoke jealously or resentment, rather, a simplistic understanding of an understated life.

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Food for thought of a great day.

today was an excellent day. I find when I can get away from the shackles of my desk, my outlook and appreciation come into perspective.

My apologies for Monday's blog.... boring and bitchy. I wasted my time and am back on track. Sorry to have wasted yours.

Today I had the opportunity to speak to two different groups. the first was a group of volunteers that donated a load of stuff for our Teen Camp area and spent the entire day remodeling the building and landscaping the exterior. I can hardly believe it is the same place. So at lunch, I went over and spoke to them about our services and Thanked them for their investment in their community and Easter Seals. Afterwards, the main guy... boss type dude, walks up to me and says that he admires my dedication and the work that I do and it is impressive that I am in this position at such a young age. Wow. this guy is evidently very successful and he admires me. It was a good feeling.

After lunch I rushed to speak with a group of church ladies about the different programs that Camp Sunnyside offers and if they donate money where it can be used. They were the sweetest women in the world. Although they made me pray at the start of the meeting (I obliged), their sincerity was refreshing. It is a great feeling to get to talk about what you do and completely believe in not only your work, but know that your work makes a difference. I am not living in la la land here... I am passionate about people. Ahhh... it is wonderful. I don't expect all of you to understand this, but I know you will.

Cody- it was great to see you.

Chris- my apologies for not seeing you more. I feel like an ass that we didn't get much quality time. sorry homie. come and see me.

SAM IS COMING TO IOWA TODAY!!!

Alli- where are you?

Alright. Have an excellent weekend- I am going to a conference tomorrow for the Autism Society of Iowa. I am super excited. I know- I am a geek.

I was reading random blogs the other day and have come to the conclusion that there are alot of super boring people in the world. I am glad that I have exciting friends.

You may also be surprised to know that I have been going to the gym twice a day... crazy? no. I have been drinking so much lately that my priorities got a bit off track and I need to get back to myself. 5:30am my ass is at the gym. yeah- I know. Maybe this year at Christmas I won't be mistaken for the tree. or the snow man.

All that kind of gush.

Have you heard the Garden State soundtrack? it is incredible. i love it.
c

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I guess Monda's blog did post. oops. Sorry to waste your time.

Claire

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Update your blog biotch!

miss ya, love ya.

Luke

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home