A Better Version of Myself.

Glimpses of a life that will not provoke jealously or resentment, rather, a simplistic understanding of an understated life.

Friday, May 20, 2005

Friday Frienday

I have declared today as "Friday Frienday". Today you should call your friends and tell them the following:

  • you make good life decisions
  • you are a gorgeous talented human being
  • of course someone wants to have sex with you!
  • eat that ice cream
  • of course it isn't you overreacting
  • you look great in those jeans

you cannot say these unless you love your friend and you mean these things- point is: if you are a great friend and you love the people who are close to you, you should be able to say all of these things with ease. These are things that people need to hear often and shouldn't have to wait until a breakdown or self-deprecating festival to hear. Share these compliments often- that is what friends are for. you know when to use them.

Here are things that great friends DO NOT say. Even if they feel entitled because they have known you forever and think they have ownership in your life. (At least NOT on Friday Frienday)

  • I told you so.
  • You are overreacting.
  • you smell like ham water and/or cast.
  • I can't believe you had sex with that guy/girl.
  • You are reading too much into it.
  • You really shouldn't have seconds, or thirds.
  • Ice cream, again?
  • I like you better when you don't have a boyfriend/girlfriend.
  • I don't want you to loose weight because I don't want you to change. (read: you are a fat jolly clown and I am afraid you won't find me as valuable when you have more options.)
  • Didn't you totally get (insert STD) the last time you decided to have sex (insert name, concert venue, hotel here)

I hope that these guidelines allow forsome interpretation but provide you with a minimal baseline for the requirements of Friday Frienday.

Have a great weekend!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awe... i saw you on friday and i don't believe you told me any of these things... are you trying to hint at something??? ;]

9:57 AM  
Blogger me said...

heya,
i will tell you the whole story about my last night after i get further away from it if you know what i mean. i love you hope your camp is going well too.
love me ~ cody

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have big boobies. they're nice.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home