A Better Version of Myself.

Glimpses of a life that will not provoke jealously or resentment, rather, a simplistic understanding of an understated life.

Monday, December 26, 2005

A night out with the boys... to be celebrated

Thursday night I participated in the age old tradition of meeting highchool friends at a bar. Only this evening wasn't filled with small talk at the Scoreboard, it was filled with great people and great conversation at local Mary's.

Tim, Jim, Ryan, Spencer, Matthew, and Shep all participated in the evening and I will have to say, it was delightful. I, thank you, drank only water, which was a first, though not as tough as it might seem, and the rest of the boys made their way through pitchers and shots until sentiments supassed inhibitions.

The great thing about these boys is that they have been REALLY great frineds since elementary school... so their bond is this unspoken sort of contentment. It is easy to watch and easy to absorb. I met all of them when I was a senior in high school, and they were freshman. Tim and I were the closest, but over the last few years, I have gotten to know Jim and Ryan really well and that has been superb. I like that when they are together there is this balance of story sharing maturity... about life and what is next, and then it can all come to a screeching halt when one of then remembers something the others did... like when Jim puked on Ryan's front door in high school.. (details not disclosed).

Matthew and SHep are long time friends and Shep is like the nicest guy you may ever meet. Every year, they host a man's camping trip together, and every year, it gets better. Shep has great stories to tell, and he is an even better listener. He is one of my brother's best friends, and loves to give hugs. I believe that Jim and Shep had a great talk this night, as I know that Ryan and Shep have already bonded. And he loves Chauncy.


Holidays.....

I had a wonderful Christmas. I thought it was going to be more difficult due to recent changes in my physical self but I learned what I should have known for years: It is just about the family. It is wonderful to spend time with family and be relaxed and preapare meals together. and presents are nice too.


I'm off now. I am going to drive to North East Iowa to spend the night with one of my very best friends in the whole entire world Travis Brownell. (we lived in San Francisco together... YEAH!)


Have a great week and a safe New Years!
c

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're such an awesome person. no matter where you are, you will always be surrounded by great friends that think the world of you.

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home