A Better Version of Myself.

Glimpses of a life that will not provoke jealously or resentment, rather, a simplistic understanding of an understated life.

Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Feeling not so lucky in Kentucky

So we left Iowa at 3:00 in the afternoon on Sunday... Matthew drove the first chunk, putting us through Indiana at 11:30pm. So I took the wheel. I drove all night, (no celine pun intended) determined that I was going to see the sun rise, in a productive, non- nasty bar sort of way. (i.e. walking out of the bannana thong cage at 5:30 am to find that the day, oddly enough, had started without you) So I am driving through Kentucky (mountains and construction and fog so thick that it would hide, say.... mountains) seriously, out of nowhere I am driving down a curve so sharp and steep that I questions whether I should wet now, or wait until the car flies off of this mountain, but not to worry, my brother slept soundly in the passenger seat. bastard. like a baby. I didn't care though, as long as I could make through to the sun rising. And there it was, at last my surroundings were revealed, and it was the most increddible sight I would ever imagine... don't wake up now brother, I need this for myself. Moment of discovery, self realization, call it what you will.. it was amazing. So we pull in for breakfast at the omellete shoppe in West Virginia... note: they only served two variations of omelette, rather, 15 varieties of waffles.... I don't know but gathering for the total number of teeth in the establishment... I would say that maybe someone got mixed up... I don't even know.. great accents though... plenty of material.
Well rested and ready for the day my brother decides to drive... it is 7:00 in the morning, meanwhile I am hallucenating, everything is floating and I hear tribal Indian type music, no one else hears this, i ask. Ahh, my turn to sleep. oh wait, have you ever tried to sleep in the car as the sun has risen... in the mountains??? yeah, its brighter. and what you have been driving for all night you can finally see, AND you are only 3 hours fromyour sisters and dammit, you are excited. so I didn't sleep, that and my brother needed company because he was still feeling groggy, FROM SLEEP. bastard. So we arrive in Raleigh at 11:00 am their time and greet beautiful children and beautiful sister, and Jimmy (hot italian), mowing the lawn. Awesome, we are here, it is great, and I can still hear the Indian music.

today is tuesday, it has been a while since we had a rant so I will preface a later story with the thought that I truly believe that my brother was put here to sabatoge any sort of sleep that I may possibly get. bastard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home