A Better Version of Myself.

Glimpses of a life that will not provoke jealously or resentment, rather, a simplistic understanding of an understated life.

Saturday, October 18, 2003

Saturday morning and there is sunshine to be seen.

It is 9:15 a.m. and I am not only awake, and have been since 7:00 but I feel great about things. I am at work, but I am planning/decorating for an event next weekend. I'd rather not be here, but the purpose or reason that I needed to get me ass out of bed on a Saturday morning has given me a glimpse of the peacefullness of a Saturday that I miss when I am sleeping or hungover. I am starting to have a lot of new perspectives here, and I don't think that I will just observe them this time, i am ready to take them on. There was an interesting analogy/metaphor in a book I was reading last night. It said something like this: Your life is a puzzle, and everything, work, friends, family, hobbies, make up the pieces, so when you take yourself out of that puzzle, and you change your piece, you have to allow the time for all of the other pieces to change, or you have to change them yourself to make sure that your piece fits again. Re-shaping. For instance if I am a huge soccer buff,(nice example Claire) and my friends and I are connected partly through the "love of the game" then one day I decide, no more soccer for me. No way, never playing agin, it is a self destructive hobby getting me nowhere (more effective comparrison would be alcohol, drugs, eating, smoking, etc.) So my friends that are truly my friends will have to adjust, not necessarily change THEIR ways, but accept and reshape their perspective of me so that we are able to fit the peices together again. I don't want anyone to be like me, that's why I like you. But an understanding, or acceptance, is always welcome.

I hope that makes sense .. it makes sense to me, I guess I needed to write it so that it would stay there.

Back to work.. painting and decorating are waiting.

claire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home