A Better Version of Myself.

Glimpses of a life that will not provoke jealously or resentment, rather, a simplistic understanding of an understated life.

Sunday, November 02, 2003

That guy I never knew but wished I had... but maybe it was because he was drunk.

Friday night was filled with great times. My dearest Jim could not join us and although I was thoroughly disappointed, the night went on. Kelli and I met up with Korey and a few other guys that I went to high school with. This one guy, Andy Moomaw (sp?) was perhaps the most hysterical guy that I have encountered in quite some time... he reminds me of a guy in iowa City by the name of D. Jennings, only this guy doesn't know when to quit. The entire night I was bombarding him with questions, hoping that he would eventually break through and be this staggering genius, nope. He remained quite funny but serious he ws not. A few things he said indicates to me that there is more to him that an amusing jester, but he wasn't ready to let any of that go... and I think he was drunk the entire time... from the time he got there until we left, he didn't drink alot at the bar, but evidently he had been drinking for quite some time beforehand. Nonetheless, this guy was very funny and he didn't give a shit about any sort of social norm. It was completely refreshing, though it might get old, it was a nice break. Still wishing that Jim could have joined us. Next weekend. And the Carrol brothers were there and I have never been so confused in my life. seriously. I thought that Eric was Ryan and Ryan was Eric... I can't believe that I got them confused, but Eric looks older, and I haven't seen them for 6 years or so, but seriously, I felt ridicuously confused. seriously, I am still confused.
So Kelli and I had a great night, a much needed night out and all went well. I am leaving for North Carolina in a few hours and need to get some work done. fo real. Talk to all of you sooner than later. I am missing my peeps.
c

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home