A Better Version of Myself.

Glimpses of a life that will not provoke jealously or resentment, rather, a simplistic understanding of an understated life.

Monday, November 24, 2003

It's been a while....

Too much time has passed since the last entry.. not to worry, no major life changing events or tragedies have occured. Life is well and I am content.

Last week, I was working away and a co-worker came to me with the information that one of his clients mother had passed away. This girl is 25 nad has always lived with her mother. Now she will have to be placed in a group home... only there is an enormous waiting list for these services in Polk county.... so what do I do? well she can stay with me of course! I have the space because all of the roomies are gone and it is no skin off of my back. She only ended up staying one night because of technical financial bullshit... (basically, they can't pay me to care for her (I don't want to be paid) but then there is a liability thing with having her with a paid employee who is not being paid) duh duh dun.... it never ceases to amaze me that the best interest of a person can so easily be overlooked because of petty financial stuff. I have a room and a bed for her and if I can provide her with any sort of consistancy in this time in her life, then dammit, I will. She is SO wonderful. It was a bit sad the first night because she uses sign language to communicate and she kept signing that her mother was not going to wake up... then she would ask if she would wake up tomorrow... she would say, "don't cry, its okay" and I was sitting there- in tears, signing its okay to cry, if you feel sad, cry. I am not writing this to put myself on a soap box or a pedestal or anything like that- I am writing this to encourage all that read this to do the right thing, forget the rules and all that bullshit- if a person needs you- and you know when then do- just be there. It is not a big deal, and the benefits of helping another human far outweigh any sort of gratification that one could find in nearly anything else. Before she went to bed she signed, "Claire. I love you." payment enough.

So she will be spending Thanksgiving with my family and I... it will be great. I love her. I want to keep her safe forever.. (I know that is not realistic, but I will do my best.)

So all of my roomates have left, and they all moved out on the same day, about a week ago. I was long anticipating this day, and I will have to say that it is really nice to have the place to myself, HOWEVER.... I do miss the conversations and general comfort of knowing that there may be someone there to ask how your day was. I ahve found that I am much more productive and my stress level has gone down tremendously... I sleep better at night. But I miss Cody.... yep.

I think I am hitting my stride at work- my days have been far more productive lately.. my confidence in this new position is getting there and I am getting used to the fact that I may never be caught up and I amy never have all the answers... but there is a great dynamic here and I love that.

enough for now- loves to all, have a great T-day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home