A Better Version of Myself.

Glimpses of a life that will not provoke jealously or resentment, rather, a simplistic understanding of an understated life.

Thursday, November 04, 2004

W is president, kittens are dead

As best summarized by my friend Sam.... Everytime someone votes for George W., a kitten is killed. Well, nearly 60 million kittens are dead. I hope all of the greedy republicans look up from their tax breaks long enough to know that kittens are dead and America is divided. I am not a huge fan of felines... but kittens, come on. Bastards.

I will have to say that the results of this years election have left me and many close to on the brink of leaving the country. I will be moving to Portugal to reside in peace, until Ammerica gets it shit together. am I doing my part to help this country? Why yes I am.

I haven't blogged in a while because I sort of got tired about talking about the same things.... I struggle with making this blog entertaining and speaking the unfiltered truth about my innermost thoughts... which would reflect a more in depth journal.... I have struggled with this since the beginning of blog.

Socially my life is consistent, I have been having a great time as of late rekindling old friendships and starting many new. There needs to be a balance because I find it hard to have my friends from the old days lingering in the wings... I suppose I am selfish and want them near all the time, but I feel guilty when I share great times with new people. I need to call Allison. I feel really shitty about not talking to her. she is one of the greatest friends I could ever ever have in my life and I have just not called her in quite some time. She hasn't called either, but I should call.

I am thinking of going to see a therapist. for those of you that know me will also know that this is insane (no pun intended) as I am often the role of therapist to many of my friends. But truth be told, I don't feel like I have a hold on parts of my life and I need to set these bags down. I am not one to unload on friends, because I do not enjoy the super empathetis aspects of friendship. I don't want people to feel sorry for my life- it is great. I just need someone to help me to sort through some of this shit so I can get a better idea of what is really mine and what I can let go.
(that was tough for me to write publically)

I won an award at the Annual banquet for work. It is the Charlie Funk Integrity award. First ever and most prestigious of all awards. I was proud of myself. Recognition goes a great distance.... so does pay- bt I work for a non-profit so the pay part doesn't really apply.

I am really wanting to go back to school. I have some conflicting ideas of what I want to do. On one hand I would like to continue to work with Easter Seals and gain a knowledge of marketing and advertising with hope of working for the National office to gain an opportunity to be a visual advocate for people with disabilities- I would run the place if I could.
On the other hand I am wanting to study nueroscience so that I can assist in curing Autism. this really makes sense to me and I would love to pursue it. I don't really know where to start.
Regardless of the road I choose, I know that working in this field is something that I was meant to do. and I love it. even on the bad days.

Some friends and I went to a Halloween party last weekend and it was quite entertaining. Cody and I went as Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen. He was Mary Kate and I did his make-up so he looked way too thin. It was quite hilarious. My friend Jim went as a breakdancer and Ryan went as a hick. It wqas a hilarious evning. Thank you Kristi for the great hospitality.

Alright- back to work for me. This was my brief lunch break and now back to the grind.

the best o yas.
c

2 Comments:

Blogger me said...

hey, ashley are you calling me fat...love ya' sis, never change!
love ~ m.k.

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Claire,
I'm a little offended by your comment about "greedy republicans". I didn't expect you to be that judgemental. I have a feeling that it might be alot of "greedy republicans" (like ourselves) that make donations to your cause. Alot of people (maybe like yourself) are not well informed on what is really going on in the world. Sometimes you have to have been on both sides of the spectrum (which we have) no money to very blessed (plus we worked our asses off) to really understand. Plus, it is the "greedy repuplicans" taxes (yes, most of us do pay taxes. ALOT of taxes)that fund our federal government.
Okay, I just had to get that off my chest becaue I'm tired of people making it a sin to have money and thinking that everybody is entitled to it. Money is nice to have but as I'm sure you are well aware, it is not the principle element of happiness. Far from it. The love of family and friends is the most important thing in anyone's life. The nicest thing about having money is being able to share our good fortune with the people that we care about and alot of times people that are less fortunate than we are (people that we don't even know) Yes, there are probably alot of republicans that are probably not so nice people but I'm sure there are just as many democrats that fit the same description. The End.
I still love ya!
Laura

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home